Quercetin Forte contains a blend of potent bioflavonoids, substances present in fruits and vegetables that give the plant antioxidant protection. Quercetin Forte capsules contain three potent flavonoids: quercetin, anthocyanins (from bilberry), and rutin, and the tablets contain quercetin along with proanthocyanins (from grapeseed extract).
What are Bioflavonoids?
In the human body, bioflavonoids are known to be antioxidants with a number of beneficial effects. For example, in many patients, Quercetin Forte provides natural pain and allergy relief, replacing such medications as ibuprofen, aspirin, and allergy relievers.
Bioflavonoids may also reduce the risk of cancer, help improve circulation, increase blood capillary health, enhance vitamin C absorption, and help give relief in a wide variety of conditions.
Quercetin has many beneficial effects:
- helps with circulation by strengthening capillaries
- helps reduce the risk of heart disease
- may also reduce the risk of cancer by blocking the flow of nutrients to cancerous cells
- is an anti-inflammatory because it reduces the formation of histamine and other inflammatory products caused by allergic reactions
- helps treat allergies by blocking histamine secretion in the body
- has anti-viral effects against several viruses, including Herpes 1 (the cause of cold sores)
- may help reduce cataract formation
- may inhibit the formation of tumors
Anthocyanins (from bilberry) improve circulation by increasing the strength of the blood vessels and increasing blood flow. They also:
- help with the control of diabetes and reduce the negative effects of this disease
- have anti-inflammatory effects
- have a healing effect on ulcers
- can help improve vision (especially in those with existing eye disease)
- may help prevent glaucoma, cataracts, and diabetic neuropathy
Proanthocyanins are a group of flavonoids, also called condensed tannins, and are known powerful free radical scavengers and antioxidants. Proanthocyanins have been used:
- in the treatment of vascular problems such as capillary fragility, venous insufficiency, and varicose veins
- to treat eye disorders such as macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy
Proanthocyanins may also lower cholesterol and reduce cholesterol deposits in arteries. They can also be used to improve circulation and, as a result, decrease the incidents of strokes and heart attacks.
Rutin has been shown to help strengthen blood vessels, thereby reducing easy bruising, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, diabetic retinopathy, nose bleeds, and diabetic vascular disease.