Bevko’s Cardio-Pressure Complete contains essential ingredients necessary to support blood pressure management and heart health. The formula contains:
- potent antioxidants (vitamin C, vitamin E, tocotrienol)
- minerals (magnesium, selenium, potassium)
- Vitamin C and Vitamin E inhibit LDL oxidation. This means that these vitamins let cholesterol stay in its good form, LDL, instead of it changing to its "bad" form, HDL. Vitamin C also helps prevent high blood pressure.
- Tocotrienol has shown to be an effective agent in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease.
When these antioxidants are present in the walls of blood vessels, they help decrease damage and plaque formation in the blood vessel. Antioxidants work to lower blood pressure because they improve the function of nitric oxide on blood vessels. Nitric oxide helps the blood vessel to widen and let more blood flow through, decreasing blood pressure.
Cardio-Pressure Complete contains minerals in the form of orotates and aspartates. These special mineral forms may be more easily assimilated into the body, therefore having a much stronger effect.
- Magnesium helps lower blood pressure and assists the heart in functioning more efficiently by controlling the mechanical, electrical and structural functions of cardiac and vascular cells.
- Selenium is an important mineral because being selenium-deficient can contribute to the development of atherosclerosis, the clogging and hardening of artery walls. If these arteries become blocked, this can lead to a heart attack or stroke.
- Potassium helps moderate the levels of sodium in the blood, therefore lowering blood pressure and contributing to a healthy heart.
- Folic Acid can help reduce risk of heart attack and stroke by lowering amounts of the amino acid homocysteine in the blood. Too much of this amino acid can lead to dangerous blood clots and hardening of the arteries.
- Vitamin B12 works with folic acid to reduce homocysteine levels. Together these two vitamins are excellent in preventing heart problems and hypertension.
Lower your blood pressure and risk for heart attacks by taking folic acid and B12 to prevent high levels of homocysteine. High levels of homocysteine decreases the ability of nitric oxide to expand the blood vessels and allow for increased blood flow. For this reason, even mildly elevated levels of homocysteine have been associated with high blood pressure. People with high homocysteine levels also have a two to three times increased risk for cardiovascular disease and heart attacks.
French pine bark extract is a bioflavonoid that helps in the nitrogen oxide release from cells in the heart. This means that French pine bark helps with regulating and reducing blood pressure as well as increasing blood flow in the heart.
(1) Laurant P. Touyz RM. Physiological and pathophysiological role of magnesium in the cardiovascular system: implications in hypertension. [Review] [210 refs] [Journal Article. Review] Journal of Hypertension. 18 (9):1177-91, 2000 Sep. UI: 10994748 (2) Wu Q. Huang K. Effect of selenium compounds on the damage induced by oxysterol on rat arterial walls. [Journal Article. Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't] Biological Trace Element Research. 112(3):273-82, 2006 Sep. UI: 17057266(3) Kendler BS. Supplemental conditionally essential nutrients in cardiovascular disease therapy. [Review] [72 refs] [Journal Article. Review] Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing. 21(1):9-16, 2006 Jan-Feb. UI: 16407731 (4) Theriault A. Chao JT. Wang Q. Gapor A. Adeli K. Tocotrienol: a review of its therapeutic potential. [Review] [98 refs] [Journal Article. Research Support, Non- U.S. Gov't. Review] Clinical Biochemistry. 32(5):309-19, 1999 Jul.UI: 10480444 (5) Nishioka K. Hidaka T. Nakamura S. Umemura T. Jitsuiki D. Soga J. Goto C. Chayama K. Yoshizumi M. Higashi Y. Pycnogenol, French maritime pine bark extract, augments endothelium-dependent vasodilation in humans. [Journal Article. Randomized Controlled Trial] Hypertension Research - Clinical & Experimental. 30(9):775-80, 2007 Sep. UI: 18037769
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, adults take four (4) or more capsules per day with food, can take in divided doses or all at once with food as directed by your physician or healthcare provider.
WARNING: As with all potassium-containing food supplements, persons with renal insufficiency should consult their physician or healthcare professional before using this product.