This recipe is easy to make and can be easily stored as a great grab-and-go meal for those living a busy lifestyle! There is nothing like a healthy nostalgic meal from your youth.
- 5–6 ounces dry pasta- fettucine, linguini, orechiette, etc. (sub gluten free pasta if you follow a gluten free diet).
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, steamed
Vegan Mac & Cheese Sauce:
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion
- 4 fat garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1 cup veggie broth (or 1 cup water and boulllion)
- 1–2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustart
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook Pasta: Set salted water to boil in a large pot and cook pasta according to directions. During the last 3 minutes, add the broccoli to the pasta, and cook for few minutes until tender. Drain.
- Make the Vegan Mac and Cheese Sauce: Heat oil over medium-low heat, and saute onion and garlic until tender and golden. Place it in a blender or food processor along with cashews.
- Add to the blended onion, garlic, and cashews: veggie broth, nutritional yeast, miso, mustard, and salt. Blend until creamy.
- Combine: Drain the pasta and broccoli, and toss with the Vegan Mac and Cheese Sauce and toss, and gently warm over low
- heat. Divide among bowls.
Options & Notes
Feel free to add other veggies or substitute other veggies!
Shop Digestive Health Supplements
Shop Immune Health Supplements