(Vegan, Gluten-free Optional)
Another dish for the holiday table! This vegan mac and "cheese" is made with a butternut and coconut milk sauce. To make this recipe gluten free, just select your favorite gluten free pasta.
- 2 cups of cubed Butternut Squash
- ¼ cup of Alternative Milk (Almond or Coconut preferred)
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 3 cloves of Minced Garlic
- ½ Medium Onion Diced
- Salt to taste
- 1 Box of whole wheat Macaroni (or gluten free)
- In a medium saucepan, bring cubed butternut squash to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until pieces are easily pierced with a fork. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Saute garlic and onions with olive oil until tender.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Using a powerful blender, combine cooked butternut squash, dairy free milk, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and spices together. Blend until smooth. (taste as you go to ensure the sauce is to your liking, you might want to add more spices or nutritional yeast.
- Combine sauce, onions and garlic and pasta into a serving dish, stir to incorporate.