Spaghetti Squash with Chunky Pasta Sauce
Low-carb and gluten free! This recipe is perfect for those who love italian flavors.
Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Chunky Pasta Sauce
- 1/2-1 lb of ground Turkey, or a preferred meat or meat substitute
- 1 medium Sweet Onion
- 1 cap Large Portobello Mushroom
- 1 Orange or Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Cooking Wine
- 1 jar Marinara Sauce, No Sugar added*
- 1 cup Frozen Corn or fresh if you have it (omit if you have corn sensitivities and/or starch restrictions)
- 2 stalks Kale chopped
Roast Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat the oven to 450° F then cut the squash in half and spoon out the innards.
- Drizzle the halves with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the halves face down on a baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes until desired tenderness is reached.
- Use a fork to shred the squash from the skin
- Brown up the ground turkey in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add onions, peppers and mushrooms in the skillet with the cooking wine until onions become translucent.
- Add marinara sauce and reduce heat to medium low to simmer for about 10 minutes.
Near the end of the 10 minutes, add frozen corn and chopped kale. Dish up and serve!
Sharon suggests trying Rao’s Marinara sauce since they do not add any additional sugars. You can top this dish off with a dairy free cheese to make it extra.