It doesn't end with high blood pressure!
High blood pressure is a major underlying cause of many serious health risks, including:
- Heart attack — High blood pressure damages arteries that can become blocked and prevent blood flow to the heart muscle.
- Stroke — High blood pressure can cause blood vessels in the brain to clog more easily or even burst.
- Heart failure — The increased workload from high blood pressure can cause the heart to enlarge and fail to supply blood to the body.
- Kidney disease or failure — High blood pressure can damage the arteries around the kidneys and interfere with their ability to filter blood effectively.
- Vision loss — High blood pressure can strain or damage blood vessels in the eyes.
- Sexual dysfunction — High blood pressure can lead to erectile dysfunction in men or lower libido in women.
- Angina — Over time, high blood pressure can lead to heart disease or microvascular disease (MVD). Angina, or chest pain, is a common symptom.
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD) — Atherosclerosis caused by high blood pressure can cause a narrowing of arteries in the legs, arms, stomach and head, causing pain or fatigue.
Can high blood pressure cause other problems?
Long-term hypertension damages your blood vessels – and LDL (bad) cholesterol accumulates along tears in your artery walls, increasing the workload of your circulatory system while decreasing its efficiency.
Protect Yourself With Knowledge
- Know your numbers — Get your blood pressure checked and know where you stand.
- Understand the symptoms and risks — Learn the bigger health problems that can stem from your high blood pressure. Find out factors in your health and lifestyle that are contributing to your high blood pressure.
- Make changes that matter — Take action to reduce risk and manage your blood pressure. Make heart-healthy lifestyle changes, take any medication as prescribed and work in partnership with your doctor.
- Use Natural Supplementation - Make sure to always consult your physician before taking any supplements. Bevko natural supplements may be able to help you in your journey for better health.*
High blood pressure and hypertensive crisis
Your blood pressure should not exceed 180/120 mm Hg. Contact your physician if this is the case. If you struggle with hypertension often, exercise and nutrition can be the most vital changes to your lifestyle! You could be experiencing a hypertensive crisis.
High blood pressure and metabolic syndrome (insulin resistance syndrome)
Metabolic syndrome refers to a number of risk factors, including high blood pressure, that raises the risk of heart disease, diabetes, stroke and other health problems. It is diagnosed when any three of these risk factors are present:
- High blood glucose (sugar)
- Low levels of HDL (good) cholesterol in the blood
- High levels of triglycerides in the blood
- Large waist circumference or “apple-shaped” body
- High blood pressure
*The FDA has not reviewed any of the information shared or statements made. Bevko products are not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any disease.