AMAZING Vegan Pizza Crust
This is our absolute favorite vegan pizza recipe! This pizza dough recipe is so easy, with the most perfect crust, and topped with undetectably dairy free and vegan melty gooey cheese for the best homemade pizza recipe.
- 3 1/2 cups (440 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 packet (2.5 tsp) rapid rise yeast
- 1 1/3 cup (320 mL) water, heated to 110F
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup-1 2/3 cup your favorite pizza sauce
- 1 packet vegan mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil for garnish
Weigh out all ingredients before beginning. Grease a large bowl with oil and set aside.
- Make the dough: in a stand mixer bowl or in a large bowl, add the heated water, 1 tbsp flour, and yeast. Mix gently together with a wooden spoon, then cover and let the yeast bloom for 10 minutes. It should begin to smell yeast-like and bubble/foam on the top of the water. Add the remaining flour to the bowl. Attach the dough attachment if using a stand mixer or use a large wooden spoon and begin mixing the dough. If using a stand mixer, mix the dough on medium-high speed for 7-9 minutes. The dough should be slightly shaggy and tacky at this point. Then lightly flour a clean surface and place the dough onto the surface. Lightly knead the dough for 2-3 minutes until it becomes less tacky and more smooth. Place the dough ball into the oiled bowl, cover, and allow the dough to double in size by placing it in a warm area, at least 85F.
- Make the pizzas: Preheat the oven to 475F. Once the dough has doubled in size, lightly punch down the dough. Re-flour a clean surface or use a piece of parchment paper. This will be where you form the pizza dough. Remove the dough from the bowl and divide the dough in half. For the first pizza, begin to form the dough into a disk shape. Place the pizza dough on a piece of floured parchment paper or lightly floured surface, and gently push the middle of the dough out, being careful not to stretch the dough. See the video for a better visual. Your pizza should measure about 18″ in diameter. Repeat for the remaining dough ball.
- Garnish the pizzas: brush each pizza with olive oil. Spread 1/2- 2/3 cup pizza sauce over the dough, and sprinkle the vegan cheese on top.
- Bake the pizzas: place the pizzas onto pizza trays, and bake the pizzas for 10-12 minutes, or until the vegan cheese melts and the edges of the dough are lightly golden. Remove from the oven.
- Slice the pizza and serve! Garnish with fresh basil, and enjoy!
Grilled Vegan Pizza:
- Heat your grill and arrange your toppings (sauce, mozzarella) near the grill.
- Lightly brush your prepared dough with a little olive oil and place the dough onto the grill once the grill reaches 500F.
- Cover the grill and allow the dough to cook for 2-3 minutes. Then flip the dough and allow it to cook for another minute.
- Remove the dough from the grill and onto the baking sheet and add on your toppings.
- Place the dough back onto the grill and cook for another 3 minutes until the cheese melts. If the cheese isn’t melting fast enough but your crust is cooked, place the pizza into the oven at 475F for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with basil and extra olive oil if desired, then serve!
Recommended vegan cheeses: the cheese you choose will be a big determinant as to whether your pizzas turn out great! I recommend Violife shredded mozzarella, as shown, or Miyoko’s Mozzarella Balls. Violife is nut free and soy free, and Miyoko’s contains cashews.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories Per Serving: 191
Total Fat 5.9g
Saturated Fat 3.1g
Total Carbohydrate 24g
Dietary Fiber 1.4g
Vitamin A 37.2µg
Vitamin C 3mg