It's 2021 and we are back on the move! Chances are, you're busy! Taking care of family, going to work, trying to exercise, all while balancing self-care. If this sounds like your life, then you need more recipes like this in your life!
Single Pan Chicken and Veggies was created to be a quick and easy way to get healthy eating done quickly. Oh, and it's yummy for the whole family!
- 8oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half crosswise (making 4 this pieces)
- 12oz potatoes sliced in half-inch slices
- 8oz carrots sliced long way and in 1-inch long pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 pound of red bell pepper, strip cut
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place chicken on a clean work surface and cover with plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, pound the chicken pieces to an even 1/2-inch thickness. Arrange on one half of a large rimmed baking sheet. Arrange potatoes and carrots in a single layer on the other half of the pan. Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon coriander, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, shallot, mustard, honey and the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon coriander, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Remove the pan from the oven; switch the oven to broil. Stir the potato-carrot mixture; arrange asparagus and red bell peppers in the center of the pan. Spoon the lemon juice-shallot mixture evenly over the chicken and vegetables. Broil until the chicken and vegetables are lightly browned, asparagus is tender-crisp and a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of the chicken registers 165 degrees F, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with parsley and dill. Serve with lemon wedges.
Serving Size: 1 piece of chicken, 3/4 cup potatoes and carrots, 6 asparagus spears, 7 red bell pepper strips
372 calories; protein 27.6g, carbs 35.7g, fat 13.8
Recipe Credit: https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/278009/one-pan-chicken-asparagus-bake/#nutrition